The 350 Digital Booklet System marries the DSF-2200 Sheet Feeder with the DBM-350 Bookletmaker and Trimmer to create a cost-effective mid-range bookletmaking system ideal for a wide range of applications from mono and colour digital presses. Although it is common for a digital press to produce a complete job ready collated in sequential order, many presses will slow down when the weight of paper changes considerably – to allow the engine to adjust to the correct temperature – or when a preprinted cover is inserted to the paper path. Two paper feed trays in the DSF-2200 allow the combination of main content pages with covers that have been offset printed, printed on a separate digital press, UV coated or laminated.
- A wide variety of digital print can be handled without being tied to one particular legacy of print engine, or (as often happens) reducing the speed of the press to suit the inline finisher.
- Production speeds of typically 2 or 3 times faster than printing speeds, meaning that the
work from multiple engines can go through one finishing line.
- Scalable architecture; interchange system components and features as your business grows.
- Merging of sheets that have been produced in some separate process.
- Press usage that is independent of finishing demands or availability.
- Job control and security by using barcodes to assure accurate production.
- Operation can typically be made by the press operator whilst also running the press(es).
- A wide range of paper formats are supported which reflect the huge changes in demand and applications possible today, especially because of the far greater use of digital colour print which is constantly extending its own technological boundaries.
- Production of small and odd-size booklets that can be printed 2-up on a sheet; providing a
broader range of finished job and halving print costs.